Friday, October 5, 2012

   So, things are moving forward... Baby steps, do everything with baby steps, so you don't burn out. I sold some stuff today and got the funds for one of the preliminary camera's. as a bonus it turns out the new model of the camera I had planned on getting was recently released, and the money I got from the equipment I sold was enough to cover the cost of the newer model. Sweet!
   I finally have a Canon DSLR type camera to start things off, shoots in RAW, has full manual controls, does 24p 1080HD, also shoots 240 frames per second for slo-mo's, and has a 50x zoom.... and 24mm wide angle... It will be a great way to test angles, framing, lighting, and general scene layouts. It's not the main camera but will get things started. I will be trying to shoot everything with Technicolor's CineStyle mode if I can get it for all the cameras so everything can be color corrected in post production.
   My parents came over for dinner tonight, they showed there support with a great little gag gift.. Every penny they own... and a movie schedule book. Literally every penny they owned. And the wrappers so I could turn them in at the bank. I'll take every penny I can get to fund this project. The girl at the deli I frequent suggested having a fund raiser, and since I know plenty of musicians, maybe a "Garage Band" show is in order. We'll see what happens.
   I wasn't able to get an interview recorded with my dad tonight, but I did clarify some details. I also found out there is even more to the story than I thought. If funding ever permits, I'll add that part too. Hopefully I can get the story, from his mouth, recorded before he leaves New York on the 12th for Missouri, if not then it will happen when they return in late spring of 2013.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment