Thursday, October 18, 2012

Progress.......... I have been working on a glide track and a steady cam unit, and run a test on the glide track.    

Well, back to the drawing board for a glide track, but no big deal. The unit ended up not being smooth enough to keep vibration out of the video, even at slowest speed.



Here's the test video:


   I will be using a different design next time, something with four wheels and two tracks instead.

   On a positive note however, I am getting closer to my budget goal. Sold a go-kart frame and one of my rifles, selling an old dirt-bike on Friday so should be almost there, if not past my goal!!! I'll need it it seems since my research has opened up a lot of new information on what tools I need to make a movie. Sound is in need of more budget money it turns out, and I will need to make sure I get it taken care of. Sound is the other half of the show, the part where no one says good job, but if it's not done right makes the movie awful.
   So now to decide how to spend the budget, on what items first. It will most likely be hardware for now, and maybe some sound equipment to get practice with before I need to make it count. This movie business is hard work, all the prep work is kind of annoying, haha. I'd rather just go out and eat the soup at a restaurant rather than collect the ingredients, cut them up, and cook them..... Nawwww, just kidding, this part is half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment