Tuesday, October 23, 2012

   Well, I've been working away at learning all sorts of different aspects of film making, and... It stinks! Well the part about learning all the different parts and not having the budget to pass it off to someone more competent at the individual skill. Lately I've been searching editing software as the newest Windows MovieMaker (Live) is unable to do split screen rendering. Why is this a big deal? Because in order for me to edit a 45 second clip of how the steadycam works, in split screen for comparison, I need software that will be able to do this. And... Windows MovieMaker Live can't! Older versions, no problemo'... So since I know editing my much larger project is in the future, I figured I would start looking for some quality editing software now. What a mind bender. PC or Mac? Laptop or desktop? Adobe, Sony, Avid, or Final Cut? And then will my cheap laptop be able to handle whatever I decide to use? Probably not... Editing takes lots and lots of memory, like 16 to 24 GB of RAM, and sometimes more than 1T of storage. I may not need that extreme number, but I'd like to be prepared for any modest computing needs when the time comes.
   The short and quick answer is, of course, you need more money. Time is money and I don't have a lot of time available. So... sell more stuff! Haha, it seems some garage sales, eBay, Craigslist, and maybe a "fundraiser" of sorts will be my ticket to saving time for more important things, like telling my dad's story to people through this movie. I'll keep looking for a way to split screen edit a clip of the steadycam, as it really did do a good job of making the video footage less bouncy. I am thinking Adobe Premiere, but maybe an older version. Or maybe Final Cut Pro and get myself a Mac Mini... Aaaaaarrrgh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment