Thursday, December 27, 2012

   I went to a jam session recently and filmed the guys doing their practice runs on some new songs, and some they already know. I used it to practice where and how to set up cameras, audio recording equipment, and shot placement. I used 2 cameras, a Canon T4i and a Canon sx50hs, both great cameras worth considering for anyone interested in photography or videography. The footage was stored in my laptop and I got a chance to only edit one song so far, about 6-7 hours of work as I had to teach myself how to operate, sync, and align with the editing software and then file transfers, etc. I also learned alot about where to put the cameras and audio equipment next time. Also good to note that recording live action is way different than scripted acting. Saying "cut" and "take 2" would have been great for me to get better, more in depth, camera angles and lighting. The  video I ended up with was a result of working out the best I could get with the decisions I made that night. Here's the link, but it is unlisted on Youtube for the sake of the bands pride, so I'm not sharing their practice session since they were starting off cold on several of the songs. But I am very thankful for them letting me record the whole night...
Stone Free cover by Train Wreck

   More songs are waiting for me to edit, and boy is it alot of work. It is great training to learn the Lightworks NLE (non-linear editing) software though. I'm hoping to do a couple real music videos with the band at a future date to feature their talents, something as a token of appreciation, a momento for them to have to display the bands accomplishments.
   So long 'till next week, and stay tuned. Working on more fun projects to share with y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment